Who We Are

1959

Earl and Mary open a second store, in St. Albans.

1962

Third store opens, in Montpelier.

1963

Earl and Mary celebrate the opening of the Bond warehouse in Barre.

1964

Their oldest son, Bill, graduates from college and begins running the Barre warehouse.

1973

Their youngest son, George, also graduates from college to join the family business.

1978

Earl retires, passing the torch to his two sons, and his son-in-law Tom Pecue.

1985

Boasting 10 locations, Bond becomes a member of the Auto Value Marketing & Buying Group.

'80s
&'90s

Bond grows by 13 locations and a wave of third generation family members: Scott and Craig Bond, Mike and Greg Pecue.

1995

The first Bond jingle hits the airwaves.

2000

The family opens a brand new 80,000 sq. ft. distribution center and warehouse, featuring a mezzanine and state-of-the-art automated conveyor system.
More third generation family joins the team in the early 2000s: Mark Mast, Andy and Chris Bond.

2001

Bond gains an online presence with the launch of a company website.

2002

Bond launches their Paint & Body division.
Bond purchases a local competitor, gaining 9 locations in Vermont and New Hampshire.

2006

50 Year Anniversary!

2007

Company re-brands, debuting a new logo and their mascot, Georgie.

2009

Web presence expands greatly with an online store and Facebook page.

2010

Bill Bond retires.

2012

George Bond retires.

You might also be interested in: